Saturday, March 10, 2012

Can you help me with my Yugioh deck?

Every time I duel, I end up realizing that I have too much magic and trap cards.When I finally get monsters, there often too powerful to normal summon and I end up leaving myself open.Please give me advice on fixing my deck.








Barrel Dragon


Caius The Shadow Monarch


Goblin King


sasmara kaiser


Zolga x2


Flame Cerebrus


Big Bang Shot


Card Destruction


Sangan


Magna-Slash Dragon


Wall of Illusion


Dark Core


The Dragon Dwelling in the cave


Bazoo The Soul-Eater


Macro Cosmos


Big Eye


White-Horned Dragon


Gren Maju Da Eiza


Mountain


Gamble


Slot Machine


Just Desserts


Gravity Bind


Soul Release


Sakuretsu Armor


Dimensional Fissure x2


Torrential Tribute


Monster Reborn


Luster Dragon #2


Helios - The Primordial Sun


Block Attack


Byser Shock


Creature Swap


Banisher of Radiance


Dokuroyaiba


Brain Control


Bottomless Trap Hole


Nutrient Z


Curse of Aging


Enemy Controller


Lightning Vortex


Return From the different dimension


D.D. Dynamite


Ultimate Offering


Possessed Dark Soul


Golden Homunculus


Warrior Dai Grepher|||I didn't count, but that looks like more than 40 cards. You also do not have a theme. Here is the advice I was given a long time ago and it works for me:


1. Pick a theme.


2. Find the cards that you have that fit that theme and put them in a pile.


3. Put all staple cards you have in that pile.


4. Now strip the pile of all copies of cards you can't have in the deck (such as by Forbidden/Limited List or that you put 4 of one card in that pile). After you do that, that "deck" is now Tournament Legal. But it is not really a good deck yet.


5. Remove cards from the pile that don't quite fit the theme as well s the other cards. Remember to remove the staples second.


6. Now, after some removing some cards, you would probably have about 55-60 cards in that pile. Those cards should be cards that go with your theme and staples that don't go against your theme. Now you have to sort out those cards into Monsters, Spells, and Traps.


7. Now we are going to try to make this balance:


In a 40 card deck (recommended), you should have about 20 Monsters, 13 Spells, and 7 Traps. First, go to your Monsters pile and sort the cards by Tribute and non-Tribute. Any Level 5 or higher monsters that can be Special Summoned by their own effect, as long as the Special Summon doesn't require Tributes, can go into the Non-Tribute pile. Two examples of this are Cyber Dragon and The Tricky. Also, Nomis and Semi-Nomis would go in the non-Tribute pile unless they require a Tribute (then they would go into the Tribute area.) Personally, I only use 2 or 3 monsters that require a Tribute(s) to summon unless I am using a card which would allow me to pay for the Tribute with something other than my own monsters (like Brain Control or Mausoleum of the Emperor.) Also, be sure you have something like Monster Reborn to summon the Tribute monsters without a tribute. I don't like to use a lot of Nomis or Semi-Nomis, but that is up to you. Just keep reducing until you get to 20 monsters.


8. Now to the Spells. You eliminate similarly, but the only balance I keep is that the only Equip Spells I use are Premature Burial and up to 1 more. This is because Snatch Steal is banned and Equips require monsters on the field to be used. The exception is Premature Burial. Keep eliminating cards until you get to 13 cards.


9. Now onto traps. There really isn't a lot I can say about traps, except try not to have too many continuous traps in your deck. I usually use 1 Mirror Force, 2 Dust Tornado, 2 Sakuretsu Armor, and 2 themed or staple Traps. Those cards are mainly defensive cards that you sometimes see even in a Jinzo deck. Just eliminate until you have 7.


10. Anyway, after all the eliminating, you should have 40 cards. Playtest your new deck. When I build a deck this way, it runs very smoothly. Do I still lose a lot? Yeah. Is that really the deck's fault? Not really. The loss is mainly for the following reasons:


1. I didn't get a card when it would have been helpful. But then again, this game is a game of chance.


2. The opponent had a really strong deck. Ever face a Lightsworn deck? It beat me within 5 turns, and I even had a good hand.


3. I didn't spend enough time thinking through the duel.


4. I just don't have the cards to build the deck as it should be built.|||I always use no more than a total of 40-45 magic or trap cards in my 60 card deck. Usually more magic than trap cards.





Enchanted Javelins are really good if you have any put them in.





Also magic cylinders will help to protect you.





For monsters only put in like 3-5 strong ones and the others should be three or four stars.|||a very good ratio is about 21 monsters (with about 5 or 6 "powerful" monsters), 7 traps, and 12 spells. that would leave the deck count at around forty, give or take, depending on if you needed to add anything else. with a good, low forty count, you have higher chances to avoid dead draws and get the cards you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment